Saturday 12 March 2011

Good Seo Is About Referrals and Not Just Rankings

I have recently been working on a new website that is very interesting and exciting. When I initially took over the website there were a lot of on page seo issues and also some of the link building seemed some what sketchy from a black hat point of view.

Either was since taking over I have achieved a 100% rise in nearly all the websites top 50 search words in terms of hits on Google which is a very impressive figure. Furthermore I have seen a rise in nearly all the other search engines which suggests that the website has improved across the board. To make things even better I have taken the website from page 13 to page 1 for the search term holdall which is a huge jump in a short space of time.

The concerning thing though is the hits for the website have still be decreasing. Now I could put this down to a bad time of year etc but that would not be fair. I have noticed that even though we have seen a great jump in the search engine traffic, I might have neglected looking at some referral sites such as getting on some decent classified websites.

In summary I think it is important to not just succeed on the search engines but also to drive traffic in general. There needs to be a good balance between targeted traffic via search engines and also via decent referrals as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment