Monday 25 October 2010

Indexed Pages On Google Has Weight

Well yesterday I had some pretty cool results on my key term 'affordable seo' going from Page 20 to Page 15 literally overnight. Now I kind of thin this is because Google is still getting used to my website as it is anew site but still I guess the links that I am placing around are beginning to give some good link love to J21Media.

Analysing some of the first page contenders for the term 'affordable seo' I noticed that while the top 3 to 5 had a large amount of inbound links, the sites lower on the page  had few inbound links but they did have a large amount of indexed pages on Google. Lots of the sites had up to 40 pages which made me think that they were ranking well as a result of the amount of information on the actual website.

My first reaction is to add more pages to my website which I think I will do but to be honest I think once I get up to around the 50 inbound links and start my article marketing, I do not think it will take me long to achieve a first page position for this key word set.

By including more pages as well it should get Google to notice me more as well especially in these early days. I think I will do a small page on some key seo factors such as link baiting, article work, press releases, social media and perhaps a FAQ page as well. Then I will start doing some inbound links to my Tier 2 pages and not just my Tier 1 page. This way it should help google pickup and index my copywriter pages and my content writing pages.

So essentially I want to increase my inbound links in general terms and have some solid anchor text back links for the key words 'affordable seo' and then I think I should nail a first page quite efficiently. Coupled with this I intend to increase the amount of pages on my website so that Google will view it as a content rich website like the others that are ranking highly on this term.

I think that I have got quite excited on this term because it is competitive but not too competitive and the fact that I have see some good results quite early on, it is making me want to really push this one and then go after copywriter next.

No comments:

Post a Comment