Wednesday 27 October 2010

Keyword Stuffing and Paid Links For SEO

A lovely Wednesday morning in the South East in Wiltshire and i am happier today firstly because the heating has been on meaning that I am not wearing three jumpers and secondly because the weather is quite nice out. Don't get me wrong it is still freezing but something about a nice blue sky even if cold that makes you feel better than a cloudy grey one.

Anyway today I have been working my way through Chapter 9 of my seo guide from Seomoz and it has been around seo myths and manipulating the search engines and general 'black hat' techniques. All the techniques at one point or another in my past when I hadn't a clue about seo would be ideas that have come to my mind. I am glad to see how the search engines handle these bad practises because at the end of the day, it makes for better search results and everyone benefits from good results. Also now i am pursuing a career in white hat seo work, it means that I can have some long term success in something. I guess the attraction to the 'black hat' seo stuff or 'the dark side' is down to the ease of doing it. I like to go to the analogy that if something were easy then everybody would be doing it. 'White hat' is the way forward - definitely.

My key words are going well and I have been doing some link building but I will begin this properly next week and also some article marketing as well. I will write an article around the keyword 'content writing' later and submit it to the article directory ezinearticles and hopefully i will begin to rank well for that keyword soon.

'Affordable seo'  is still doing OK but hopefully the more links that start getting indexed then the better that will do. I anticipate that over November if I push correctly on the article marketing and get 20 articles out there and also get some solid link building done i.e. 40 links, then I am hopeful I will be page 5 minimum for all my key terms and page 1 for my long tail key terms. I will use my blog posts to work on my long tail keywords and use them for the anchor text back links.

No comments:

Post a Comment