Wednesday 3 November 2010

High Authority Links Are Achievable But Difficult

I recently had a look into a website that was ranking on the first page of Google for a competitive keyword but was not in the top 5. The chap asked me to have a look into it to see what I felt was the reasons and what I would do to counter act it and climb the ranks.

It is a very tough call for an affordable seo company like me to make because essentially much of the hard work has been done and completed because they have achieved the 1st Page but then taking them up the final stages is sometimes just as hard as getting to the first page. The key thing to remember here is it possible but you need to be thinking about quality of links and not quantity.

When i did my competitor backlink look up I noticed some pretty great links coming in from some big websites like The Guardian, ESPN and the likes of those which will carry a great amount of authority with them. To be able to increase this position we would need to look at establishing similar authority links as well as trying to acquire links from the same websites. This is not an easy fete and would take a lot of time trying to work out how to achieve it, but it is possible.

Next I would want to start trying to get links from semi popular websites because I also noticed that the websites that were out ranking him had a greater volume of links as well. In my opinion we need to increase link volume and link quality and then in the space of a few months we should see a positive move in the rankings.

Taking on an established company is always tricky because you do not want to be in charge if it drops off Page 1 and take the blame when in reality it is probably more to do with the last seo company removing backlinks because they have changed companies.

Either way high authority backlinks is key to locking down a top 5 position in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment