Monday 8 November 2010

Original Content Is King

Well guys and girls, just a quick post on why I think content is king in terms of successful seo. The bottom line is Google is looking for fresh and original content when it is processing its algorithm however as coming up with original quality content is not an easy task and takes some time and hard work, many people choose to try and skip this step and do not put as much emphasis on it as they should and this same point goes for original article writing and marketing.

Any new account that I get I do recommend a blog whether it is on their website or off their website, I always think a good company blog is essential to success. Firstly because it is a great source of inbound links to your website and also to other people websites. Secondly their is a lot of relevant content getting put on a blog especially if it is kept up to date each day. Finally people often search for what we in the seo game call 'long tail keywords' and these can be covered by doing blog posts on quite popular phrases or on various topics.

Take this blog entry that I am putting in now. If I get a few links coming into this particular page then I could end up ranking quite well when someone types in the key phrases, original content is king. Simple.

For my business I have 2 blogs, one is more formal that when I get sometime I will incorporate into my actual website and this blog is a little more informal, where I can write about topics and then go off on a tangent and discuss the fact I am just about to go to the gym (see what I did there).

Anyway if you want to be a success in seo, start at the basics, and get your content original and regularly updated - the google gods will appreciate it and reward you well.

No comments:

Post a Comment