Thursday 11 November 2010

Yahoo Site Explorer Suggests Google Un-indexing Pages

Well I have been keeping a close eye on my website as it is relatively new and so I want to see how Google treats it. I have found it to be quite strange because on one hand Google has allowed me to get some great results on the competitive term 'affordable seo' which I am now on Page 2 for and trying to close a Page 1 top5 5 rank as soon as possible. I am also doing quite well with the term 'seo wiltshire' which I am trying to close to a top 5 page 1 position as well.

Also I have been increasing the number of pages on my website from 5 up to 12 and over the weeks I saw Google begin to index them one by one. However the other day I noticed it go down from 12 to 11 and now 10 indexed pages on Google using the yahoo site explorer tool. I think that I will not take too much notice of this as I can still find the pages on a Google search which suggests that I might just be seeing a slight variation in my statistics and also as my web site is new it is not uncommon for Google to start applying stricter measures to it.

I will be no doubt keeping a close eye and hopefully will not see the amount of pages decreasing as it is quite worrying. I do feel however that I am keeping to close an eye on it all and as a result micro managing data that is more of an estimate than a definite answer.

Work is going well and I am looking at taking my first ecommerce project on which I feel will greatly help the websites seo rankings especially if it is all done correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment